Needed for your body to repair and regenerate itself: provides the bodies energy, eliminate stress from toxin chemicals; cleanse cells, balance hormone, inflammation, and neurotransmitters
Foundation Diet - “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ~ Hippocrates
• With anything you eat or drink, ask:
1) Is this food or drink in its natural and unrefined state?
2) Is this food or drink cooked or raw?
3) Is this proper food combining?
• Dietary suggestions (See dietary suggestions sheet)
1) Eat until satisfied, not stuffed or full. Rate fullness on scale from 1 to 10. (Eat to 7 of 10)
2) Do not skip breakfast; eat every 2-3 hours. Do not wait until you are hungry. Snack on low glycemic foods such as nuts, seeds, hard boiled eggs, etc.
3) Largest meal between 11am and 2pm.
4) Do not exceed carbohydrate tolerance. (Sleepy post prandial, or crave sugar post prandial)
5) Eat in a peaceful environment (avoid eating on the run, while driving, during stressful events) 6) Food combine whenever possible (avoid eating protein and starches/carbs within 3 hours of one another)
7) Eat a minimum of ½ of your diet raw.
8) Pray before eating (giving thanks sets intention and aids in assimilation of nutrients)
1) Food is best in its raw, non-GMO, non-processed organic state.
2) Go Hog wild – All fresh raw vegetables (all colors), and fresh vegetable juices, low sugar fruits (berries, Granny smith apples, grapefruit, pears), lean proteins and quality gluten free grains
3) High quality fish (avoid shellfish), raw goat cheese, cage-free organic eggs, organic chicken, fowl and buffalo, lamb.
4) Increase fresh and raw oils.
5) High quality grains such as millet, buckwheat, quinoa and wild rice
6) Use herbal teas, water, coconut water, pure water and lemon water
7) Use sugar free substitutes such as Xylitol, stevia, or raw dark organic agave syrup.
8) Use fresh enzyme rich foods such as mung bean sprouts, and super foods such as Chia seeds
CHEATS – Dark chocolate, stevia or xylitol sweetener, Goats milk ice cream, Red wine
1) Eliminate all refined carbohydrates such as white flour (all whites), sugars, and starches.
2) Avoid hard liquor and mixed alcoholic beverages. One glass of red wine per night is permissible.
3) Avoid dairy products with exception to a small amount of parmesan cheese and butter. Goats milk and cheese are o.k.
4) Eliminate all hydrogenated fats such as; partially hydrogenated soy bean oil, hydrogenated cheese
5) Avoid drinking your fruits such as fruit juice.
6) Avoid gluten containing grains such as wheat, oat, rye, barley, spelt, kamut, and soy. Gluten free pastas/breads are best.
7) Simple sugars (sugar, sodas, etc.), aspartame, NutraSweet. High sugar fruits such as bananas and mangoes.
8) Mainstream meats and poultry (processed deli, hot dogs, lunchables etc).
9) Avoid processed foods pre-packaged
• Food Preparation
1) Cook food with minimum time/heat
2) Increase raw food to a minimum of ½ of dietary intake
3) If food is cooked, pasteurized or heated beyond boiling point 212 degrees use digestive enzymes
4) If food is fried…use coconut oil
5) Foods packaged or cooked in aluminum, microwaves or using iron skillets/utensils.
• Non-Toxic Environment
1) Evaluate your environment for the presence of toxins and eliminate as many of them for your environment as possible
2) Look to soaps, shampoos, toothpastes, lotions and cosmetics as a possible source of toxins.
• Detoxification and Fasting
1) Use fresh vegetable juices daily – consider purchasing juicer (carrot/beet/kale/ginger)
2) Consider fasting vegetable juices once a week – From dinner to dinner the next day consider a juice fast of; (carrot, beet, kale and ginger)
3) Use a fast or cleanse 2-6 times a year
4) Dry skin brush/detoxification bath 2 times per week (I recommend Yerba prima available at most health food stores) followed by Detoxification bath. (see detoxification bath)
5) Consider the purchase and use of (Health mate) Infrared sauna
1) Practice Breathing exercises for 2 minutes, 1-2 times daily (1-5-8; especially in morning)
2) Periodically take note of your breathing noticing its quality: practice breathing techniques briefly to reinforce the technique
1) Drink approximately as many ounces of water a day equal to half your body weight.
(Weight = 160 lbs =80 oz of water a day)
2) Drink an 8 oz. glass of water first thing in the morning to rehydrate.
3) When you drink enough water throughout the day, your urine will be clear in color: adjust your intake upward if your urine is not clear
4) Quality of water varies from company to company. Most water is acidic. Consider
Kangen water – super hydrates, balances ph, oxygenates the cells, and ionizes water molecules, free radical scavenger, and intracellular hydration.
5) No more than 4 oz. with meals
6) No well or city water. Avoid non filtered fluoridated/chlorine waters. Consider fluoride filter.
1) Use Celtic salt liberally in your diet while avoiding commercial salt and foods containing commercial salt
2) Adding ½ tsp, 1-2 times a day, may help replenish electrolytes depleted by use of commercial salt, exercise or chronic stress
1) Get 20 to 30 minutes of sunshine every day. Use only natural sunscreens.
1) Vitamins and herbs are taken with food. Minerals and homeopathics are taken on empty stomach.
2) Health organizations promote 7 – 9 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. If you do not reach these levels you must supplement your diet.
3) Use whole food supplements only. Avoid synthetics
4) For general maintenance use whole food multivitamin, multimineral, essential fatty acid, and enzyme with all cooked foods